Mi Via Waiver Home and Community-Based Services
Self-directed supports which range from Home and Community-Based Services are offered by Active Solutions Inc. tailored to our participants who choose to follow their own path.
In-Home Living Support
In-Home living supports is a program designed for individuals on the MiVia waiver who can live in their own home, with family or friends, and receive supports to enhance home living skills.
To encourage independent living skills support staff may provide assistance in the following areas:
- Activities of Daily Living (Grooming, Personal Care, Health Care)
- Money Management (Shopping, Banking)
- House Keeping
- Community Involvement
- Meal Preparation
Community Group Support
MoXie Day Program provides participants the opportunity to develop relationships, hobbies, and skills at their own pace. This program allows participation in activities of their choice and get more involved in their community.
Community Direct Support/Navigation
We offer a wide variety of hours available every day of the week for participants who wish to be integrated in the community.
To encourage community exploration, staff may provide assistance with the following activities:
- Volunteering (Meals on Wheels, Assisted Living Homes, Animal Shelters, etc.)
- Promoting social activities (Merry Makers, Bowling, Concerts, Community Events, etc.)
Support staff will ensure the safety and promote the development of relationships within the participant’s community.
We offer participants on the MiVia waiver assistance in obtaining and maintaining employment by creating a job development plan to identify job interests and provide job coaching for success.
We provide the following supports:
- Assist with Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) referrals
- Develop resume, application and interview skills
- Identify natural supports in the workplace
- Assist the participant in learning job tasks
- Assist in communication with supervisors