State General Funds Services
State General Fund services are services that are available to individuals who are on the waiting list for the Developmental Disability Waiver (DD Waiver). Active Solutions State General Funds services include Independent Living Services, Respite Services and Day Services.
Independent Living Services
Independent living services is a program that supports individuals to live independently in the community or with their family members. This service assists individuals to develop, improve and maintain specific skills to live as independent as possible.
Some of the services provided through independent living are:
- Daily Living skills (hygiene, eating habits, dressing appropriately)
- Money management
- Meal planning and preparation
- Transportation and assistance with doctor’s appointments
- Development of natural support networks
Day services provide an opportunity in which individuals may develop relationships, hobbies, and skills at their own pace. This service assists the individual to participate, contribute and to involve themselves in the community they live in.
Some of the services provided through Day services are:
- Attend classes (art, cooking, etc.)
- Become members of their community (centers, churches, etc.)
- Social inclusion with peers
- Bowling, swimming, sports, dancing
Respite service is a service that is provided to children or adults with disabilities as a break for the primary care taker. Respite care can occur out-of-home and in-home settings for any length of time, depending on the needs of the family and allocation of hours.